10.13.2011

REFERENCE SECTION....

Happy that i was getting those smiles back again after a long year. As usual walked up again after answering several "no class today?" querries. Got inside the reference section and signed the register. I dont know why  i sigh a bit hard these days after getting in to my usual seat with my books. Had exams coming up. Managed to find a huge book with less number of words and more photographs on world war 2.  after sometime i got into my book(The atmosphere there gives you an opportunity for that! ) .
 "Hey! you have to give your ID details in the register.. " This is the usual call which marks the arrival of a "new comer" to the place... i looked up. A small girl of about 16- 18 years of age, with a very confused face filled with a bit of fear. As though i was quite away from the Reception, her eyes fell on me... and i gave her a smile... And to my surprise, she gave one back. Again i went inside my books. somebody's cellphone vibrated .. it gave a nice voice out.. The uncle who was one  desk away shouted to the owner of the phone .." cant you see? i am researching.. throw that thing out" !!
  The new girl's confused look evenmore worsened.. i saw she giving  a  smile to the 'researcher' and it was wasted.. nobody else were concerned! so she approached me.. and asked.." what should i do?" i told her to find the book she need and sit somewhere and enjoy!!  reasearcher now turned up to me.." can't you see? i am researching!" .. i said a sorry... and she left... came back with some small book and sat two desks away from me...
  The door opened with a huge sound... i was anxious whether where the  old man will sit. I am  always afraid of this funny beard guy.. he resembled a psychologist that we always see in films. He feels when he reads.That's his problem. He cries aloud... shouts aloud...laughs ... hits on the table... clapps hard... the researcher also is afraid of him... he throws words too!! i became a devotee suddenly. prayed to god to make him sit some where else and now the fortunate one was the new comer.. within 10 minutes she came and sat opposite to me...
  Dee dee you have a paper? My Bihari Bhaiya (sanjith) arrived.. he is one among the strangest people that i have ever seen in my life.. he is 15 and is a mad fan of Stephen Hawkins. I am not  even able to read the title of the books that he studies, and we had a strange friendship too. because he talks hindi and i replies in english...And he always uses my pen and paper..
  somebody laughed aloud.. "can't you see i am researching!" and a sorry again...
  he sat next to me and took two papers and my pen and started his work! the new girl have by the time became a sharp observer. I bet by the time she came, she didnt even read one line.. she was oserving each one in the hall and i could see the expressions of "Nalan in daksayagam" in her.
 time passed.. Sanjith started writing some thing on air... inbetween he stands up and run away and comes back with some other books and calculates in air...
 A new man arried to my desk... hastily found a seat.. picked up a large sized book and started sleeping. ( but i hate his snoring and the researcher is ok with that!)
 suddenly sanjith threw my pen to the floor with a huge sound .. it broke  in to three... The girl jumped up and looked at me..the cap went somewhere under the shelf. i was wondering about that...
Sanjith rose from the seat ,quitely walked to the pen and repaired it , got back to the seat with a close up smile  saying... "Mil gaya deedi" .. Who cares about your bloody theory? i was wondering about the cap..
  " You people will never let me research?" - the researcher shouted with his fist hitting the table... the snoring man jumbed up and turned to the researcher.. "who made that noice? .. dont make such noice again.."
he again returned to his job... the 'psychologist' have now started talking with some super natural force..
   The girl rose up and came next to me... and asked.. " Are everyone mad here?"
I simply smiled and said....
       "In a mad world, only the mad are sane."

She walked out... and now the 'psychologist' started crying....
 
  

8 comments:

  1. A very interesting read, Sruthi! Just loved the way you see the humorous side of things....totally refreshing! Keep penning more and more... :)

    By the way, curious to know which library you were referring to? Quite a few odd ones in there, I gather! A great place to be IN, nevertheless! :D

    Finally, why the hell did you just 'vanish' from FB? I was worried that the [rather needless] depression had caught up again. Thanks to Neethu...she told me that you are okay and busy with exams and all that...you idiot!

    TC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that...
    I am sorry Rohith. actually your fear is the true side behind the vanish. But that too now is a part of recovering. Atleast which might help me from getting out of everything.
    the reference section is on the public library(state- central library, kerala) trivandrum. I have a membership in the university library too and is really a habitual visitor. But i love the state- central library more. Its huuuge.. And its my place of hang out.
    TC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sruthi:Hell a lot to talk with u...And this's the only place I could find u alive!!While talking to Rohith,I actually realized that we were never a part of the same gang but we were good friends and the fact is that u r one among the really really few amount of my high school friends whom I've contact with,or whom I wish to keep contact(U remember,I had friends in each and every corners of St.Mary's and this's what remains-A great Reality!) I in fact told Rohith the thing what u told me weeks before,that u r busy with ur xams and thats y the hibernation!!hmm!

    Between,Did u read anything on that day?:P.I'm not a member in the Public Library,I regularly visit the Univ.Lib ..But no Researching,just take books from the Stack Room and get it issued and go out!I do miss the Human observing part because everyone's head is inside their respective sessions and the moment they get the right book,they escape into the anonymities of Outside!

    Loved ur thoughts GIRL!Keep Observing!!Keep Writing!!

    I think u understood who I'm by now itself,
    Neethu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. Neethu... yes I am alive.. how are you? actually i couldnt even fulfill the miscall promise! i am sorry about that.. actually what happens is that i am really in a "hybernation". these days i dont use mobile phone too.. now also it dont even have balance to give you a misscall. :-) ..
    Yes.. after getting out from St.Mary's me too lost a lot of life... i literally have very few friends now.. i had a huge gang of friends.. you know that!( as you had)
    now everyone left me... i never stayed in contacts.. i had my own problems that's why... but those who are still there are the ones who suffered a lot to be my friend.. who lend their arms out wide when i needed help( you includes.. thanks for that) ...
    now i am gradually getting my life back... hell a lot to talk with you too... i will be back soon B-)
    see.... i spend about 4-5 hours everyday in the library... how can you read for such a huge time? its my world .. with a lot of books... with friends whom i dont know personally... with a lot of wandering and of course coffeee...
    At what time you come to university lib? next time will you leave me a message? when you have enough time... mostly from 2pm to 5 pm i will be there somewhere in palayam... i just love the reading room of the university lib...
    take care friend... when you talk with rohith pass my regards too...
    tc..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sruthi, I share Rohith's concern about your disappearance from facebook! :) Hope your exams went well.

    And I must say, what a sensationally eccentric crowd hangs out at this library of yours! :) We have quite a few odd folks in my college library as well. Especially like that excitable researcher fellow who thinks because he is 'researching' everyone else must maintain pin-drop silence. :D And he gets annoyed if someone so much as sneezes and makes his annoyance known immediately!

    And as for the man who really, really gets into his reading so much so that he starts laughing or crying with it, I must say, wow! To be affected that deeply by a book takes a very sensitive creature indeed. :D

    And I love the background of your blog. Especially the coffee-mug. :)

    Good luck with your writing, Sruthi. I shall follow your blog now. I really enjoyed reading this particular post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanku for following Karishma..:)
      next time when you come to kerala, visit Trivandrum too.. i will make you see all those wonderful people..
      coffee is my biggest weakness.. thats why the background.. happy that i got a coffee lover in to the team..
      thanking you again for your concern KK..( as rohith calls you, can i call you the same?{easy to type!})
      take care... :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have given my reason in the new post.... thanks for the concern Arooj.. take care...

      Delete

your views are my treasures..